Renewable energy is a booming industry and set to continue growing.
You’d be assembling, installing and maintaining solar panels for residential or commercial projects, in accordance with predetermined plans, building codes, and safety restrictions.
If you’d like a hands-on job that also comes with some responsibility. If you enjoy technical puzzles and working outside (also at heights or in small, confined spaces), then this could be a career for you.
- Assess the job site, identify and resolve any potential hazards
- Create or interpret installation plans
- Determine parts and steps required for installation
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair solar panel systems (including all of their parts)
- Carry out electrical works required
- Carry out electrical testing necessary to install the system, ensure it works
- Fault finding, preparing quotes and fixing systems
- Weatherproofing of solar installation
- Technical skills
- Electrical knowledge and certification
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Good work ethic & ability to work alone
CEC (Clean Energy Council) accreditation through trade-based training/apprenticeships combined with Certificate III / IV. or a University degree in Renewable Energy Engineering or Energy Studies.
Average salary $72,800 (Source: indeed.com)
Job growth in this area is strong (source: Joboutlook.gov.au)