Work Experience with us allows school students the opportunity to develop industry-specific skills and generic work skills in an authentic work environment.
Where: Fire and Rescue NSW Emergency Services Academy, Orchard Hills
Duration: 4 days (Monday to Thursday)
Hours: 8am – 4pm
By providing a work experience program, FRNSW assists schools to prepare young people for the workplace by providing meaningful workplace learning opportunities.
- roles and responsibilities of FRNSW, including specialist areas such as Hazmat, Rescue and Fire Investigation units
- occupational health and safety
- FRNSW employment conditions and recruitment information
- fire behaviour and firefighting techniques
- smoke awareness and fire safety information
- understanding and using fire extinguishers
- teamwork and communication
- hose and hydrant and pump operation drills
- safe driving (theory).