Lots of people don’t start thinking about their super until they start working.
But it’s never too early to start thinking about it, or contributing – even if you have a casual or park time job as a teenager.
This article covers some of the basics that should know about your super, if you want to get ahead in the future:
- What you should know about your Super when you’re starting out. You super and a house will likely be your two biggest life assets, so it’s important that you understand what it’s all about.
- Consolidate and find “lost” Super.
- How to find the best Super fund for you.
- The implications of taking time off from work to raise a family
- Pros and cons of employer elected super funds
Note: it is co-written by QSuper, so there is some bias towards their Super funds, but the information is valid.
Read the full article here.