Are you thinking of applying for a teaching course at a South Australian University? If you are, along with your normal application through SATAC, you will need to write a Teaching Capabilities Statement as well.
The Teaching Capabilities Statement is a 400-600 word written statement that is used to help universities understand why you want to be a teacher, and whether you possess the right qualities for the job. In your statement you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Explain what you think teaching involves
- Outline the personal and academic qualities you possess that will enable you to become an effective teacher
- Describe your attitude to learning and provide an example of something you have learned that was meaningful
You will need to complete a Teaching Capabilities Statement if you want to study any undergraduate education or teaching course at the following institutions:
- University of Adelaide
- University of South Australia
- Flinders University
- Charles Darwin University
You can read more about the Teaching Capabilities Statement by clicking on any of the links to the institutions above. Or you can read the announcement from SATAC in their bulletin here.