If you’re already enrolled in Sydney Youth Orchestra (SYO) programs, or you’re thinking about doing it, your participation could earn you bonus points towards a University application.
Find out if you’re eligible for the additional points at each of these institutions, then you’ll have to apply:
- ACU’s Elite Athlete and Performer Program (EAPP) could provide you with adjustment points which count towards your application.
- Macquarie Uni’s Elite Athletes and Artistic Performers (EAAP) Scheme could provide you with 4 adjustment points towards your application. Applications open on 17 August 2019 and close on 31 October 2019. You can also apply between 1 – 30 November but you’ll have to pay a late fee of $150 to be considered.
- Southern Cross Uni’s Elite Athlete Friendly Program (EAFP) offers amongst other benefits, bonus points towards your admission application.
- You might be eligible for the University of Newcastle’s Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS), and Year 12 Adjustment Scheme (you’ll need to check which degrees Music applies to).
- UNSW’s Elite Athletes, Performers and Leaders (EAPL) program awards up to 5 adjustment factors (bonus points) to applicants who’ve excelled in a number of areas including music, at an elite level. 2020 applications are open now and close on 30 November 2019.
- Through The University of Sydney’s Elite Athletes and Performers Scheme, you might be considered for admission to a course if your ATAR is up to 5 points below the one you’re applying for. On-time applications close 5pm Thursday 31 October 2019.
- UTS’ Elite Athletes and Performers Special Admissions Scheme offer students who’ve had their studies disrupted in high school (due to performing at state / national level events and competitions), a chance to get up to 5 adjustment points on their Selection Ranking (SR). Applications close on 30 November 2019.
- At UOW, SYO students are eligible to apply for the Early Admission Program (applications close 30 August 2019), and both the catchment and equity adjustment schemes. For closing dates for the adjustment point schemes, refer to UAC’s key dates.
- WSU Elite Athletes or Performers Scheme could entitle you to 5 bonus points to boost your Selection Ranking. Applications in 2018 closed on the 30 November, so it could be around the same time this year, but you’ll need to check with WSU.
Don’t forget to double check when the application open and closing dates are, as well as the supporting documentation you’ll need to provide.
It’s well worth applying as most of these programs offer other benefits too, they could help see you through your degree more easily.