What is EAPL?
If you’re planning on applying to UNSW to study in 2020, and you’ve been excelling in a sport, academically, in leadership, and/or in music, and performing or competing at an elite level in Years 11 & 12. Then you could be eligible to apply for UNSW’s Elite Athletes, Performers and Leaders (EAPL) Program.
How could it help you
It could mean you receive up to 5 adjustment factors (bonus points) on your application, that could help you get onto the university course of your choice.
- flexibility in your study load and timetables to help you meet your sporting / performing commitments
- access to distance education to help you catch up on missed studies
- course completion extensions to help you meet your workload
- assessment extensions
- permission to take leave of absence if required
- cross-institutional study options (even inter-state)
- swap between online and campus modes of education
- option to sit exams externally
- minimum attendance at lectures, tutorials and practicals waived
If you think you’re eligible and you’d like to apply, the applications for 2020 are open now and close 11.59pm on 30 November 2019.
You’ll have to apply for the EAPL program through UNSW directly, and you’ll still have to put in an application through UAC too.
We’ve got more information on our Alternative Pathways page.