The Women’s Art Prize Tasmania is the state’s only female art competition. Re-launched in 2018, the prize aims to inspire, facilitate and celebrate the development of professional and emerging women artists in Tasmania.
This prestigious and exclusive competition consists of three prize categories:
- $15,000 acquisitive prize presented by the Trawalla Foundation,
- $3,000 Bell Bay Aluminium People’s Choice award,
- $1,500 Zonta Emerging artist prize.
The Women’s Art Prize Tasmania seeks to inspire through:
- Identifying, promoting, encouraging and celebrating exceptional local and emerging Tasmanian women artists,
- Exhibiting high quality and emerging art to the Tasmanian public,
- Increasing awareness of culture, Visual Arts and gender issues within Tasmania,
- Developing an extensive network of support for women’s art in Tasmania through partnerships and sponsors,
- Promoting artistic education and facilitation with schools and young people
Entries are open now until Thursday 31 October.
Find out more and enter here: https://www.womensartprizetas.com.au/