Applications are now open for year 11 & 12 students from around the country who would like to participate in IMAS & UTAS’s “A Practical Introduction to Temperate Marine Biology” course during the April school holidays.
This predominately field-based unit consists of 5 days on picturesque Maria Island on the Tasmanian East Coast. The unit is open to only 24 students and is designed to engage, challenge, excite and inspire you through a hands-on marine science program.
Upon completion of the course, you will also earn credit for one unit towards your degree at the University of Tasmania.
When you apply, you automatically go into the running to win one of nine scholarships to fully fund your marine biologist experience. Scholarship package includes:
- Accommodation, airport transfers and return economy airfares from your nearest capital city to Hobart for our five interstate recipients
- Transport from Hobart to Maria Island return, including ferry crossings
- All catering while on Maria Island
- Hire of all required diving and survey gear
- Field excursion fee of $645 for the program “A Practical Introduction to Temperate Marine Biology”
Interested? You can find out more and apply here: https://www.imas.utas.edu.au/study/undergraduate/marinediscoverycompetition