With Valentine’s Day fast approaching (Friday 14th February for all the lovebugs out there), we’ve put together a list of some of the jobs that help keep the love flowing around Valentine’s Day.
So if you’re romantically inclined maybe you’ll be inspired by one of these careers.
- Florist – one of the busiest day for these industrious artists, working their magic to create fabulous floral tributes to love.
- Chocolatier – creating sweet treats that not only look great and taste divine, but are also responsible for releasing endorphins and serotonin that make us feel fabulous, as well as phenylethylamine a mood elevator that our brains normally release when we’re happy (and in love).
- Jeweller – there aren’t many ladies who wouldn’t be thrilled to receive a bit of bling on Valentine’s day, but it’s also a very popular date for weddings and engagements. Jewellers not only help to make the day special, but create tokens of love that’ll last a lifetime.
- Greeting card writer – not everybody has a way with words, and although a heartfelt message of love is not to be sniffed at, for those who can’t put their feelings into words… there’s Valentine’s Day cards.
- Massage Therapist – whilst massages are always a popular choice, they’re also rising in popularity as a Valentine’s Day gift, they help the recipient feel pampered, nurtured and a little bit special.
- Delivery driver – when you can’t deliver a gift to your loved one in person, thanks to delivery drivers there’s still the opportunity to surprise and spoil them from afar. Although it must be a hectic day for deliveries, imagine how nice it would to make someone’s day & be met with a smile everywhere you go.
- Restaurateur – everybody knows it’s tough to get a table on Valentine’s Day, and most restaurants send out set dinner menu’s weeks in advance, because they know things are going to get crazy. You’d have to remember to stock up on the champagne too.
- Event Planner – Valentine’s Day, as we mentioned earlier, is a popular choice for weddings and engagements, but it’s also popular for fundraisers like balls and gala’s, so there’s no doubt about it, event planners be well in demand at this time of year.