What is it?
Translating to ‘lifting up’ in the Kaurna language, Karnkanthi ensures the success of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, in Years 10, 11 and 12/13, as they transition from their senior years into university.
Key benefits of the program include:
- Access to private tutoring for school studies
- Opportunities to participate in academic, personal, cultural and career development activities
- Financial support for travel and accommodation
- Access to student development scholarships
Who can apply?
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students in Years 10, 11 and 12/13 who;
- Demonstrate academic abilities
- Are committed, motivated and ready to work hard to succeed
- Have a passion for learning
- Want to improve their chances of achieving a higher ATAR
- Aspire to go to the University of Adelaide
When to apply
Students in Years 10 and 11 can apply at any time. Students in Year 12 must apply by June 30 to ensure that they can get the most out of the program during this critical period.
The Karnkanthi Program is completely funded and runs at no cost to students or their families.