Whether you’re prepping your lessons for remote learning, or you just need a few additional resources, here are a few careers videos that you could share with your students.
And ABC Get my Job series is available on iView with individual videos for each of the following careers:
To extend the usefulness of the videos, perhaps you could create lesson plans around them. You could:
- ask your students to research the career in more depth
- find out what the qualification and/or licensing requirements are in your state or territory
- find different pathways to achieving this career
- describe what some of the daily duties for a particular job could involve
- identify some of the skills and personality traits required to be successful in this role
- write a CV and cover letter customised to suit an application for this kind of job
- explain the different locations where these jobs could be carried out and whether they could be done remotely
- identify some of your rights and responsibilities if you were employed in this career.