Time spent learning is never wasted, and it could put you ahead of the competition. The good news is there are lots of free courses available online, with even more popping up in response to CoVid-19.
If you have a particular field of interest, then some research may be needed to find free courses that’ll satisfy your goals.
In the meantime, here’s 10 interesting courses we’ve found:
- Ethical Journalism
- Design Thinking & Creativity for Innovation
- Global Media, War and Technology
- Introduction to Project Management
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Fundamentals of Graphic Design
- Cameras, Exposure and Photography
- Understanding the Australian Health Care System
- Creative Writing: The Craft of the Plot
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
You’ll need to double check that you’re eligible to sign up and that the courses are still free to enrol.
Some of them offer the option of paying a bit at the end to get an official certificate of completion.
You might also like to check out the free micro credentials being offered by TAFE right now. You’ll even receive a digital badge once you’ve successfully completed the course, which can be verified online as evidence of your work. You should be able to complete each course in around an hour.
Remember once you’ve done the course you should add it to your resume and update any skills you’ve gained.