Your resume is an introduction to a potential employer, so you’ll want to make a good impression and stand out amongst the rest.
Here are a few resume writing tips that could help:
- Tailor your CV (and covering letter) to suit the role that you’re applying for
- Think outside the box – how about creating a video or presentation style resume or incorporate some graphics (only if they’re appropriate, professional and related to the position you’re applying for)
- Only list relevant skills and experience so that they stand out immediately
- Don’t make it too long, people are time poor, if they can’t get the information they need from scanning your CV it might damage your chances
- Try and inject some passion and character into your writing, illustrate why you’re a great candidate
- Find out more about the company or the job before you send it. Do some googling, check out their website, or even phone and talk to someone in the company about the job and what they’re looking for
- Spend some time getting the formatting perfect, make it visually appealing and easy to read
- Be objective – read it over before you send it, imagine you’re the employer. Even better, get other people to read it and give you feedback.