Engineering In-A-Box is a 4-lesson classroom resource designed to show students how engineers impact society through different disciplines, creative thinking, and collaboration.
We believe that learning about engineering should be:
- Accessible for every student in Australia, particularly those in regional areas
- Based on the real world; not just theoretical
- Creative and engaging, even for students who had not previously considered engineering as a career
The lessons take a wide-scale problem with multiple possible engineering solutions, both physical and non-physical. Students will follow the problem through stages such as assessing the benefits of a project, managing community impact, adapting to changes, and design.
To keep Engineering In-A-Box accessible, it:
- Is free to secondary schools across Australia through industry sponsorship
- Can be reused by the school for multiple classes
- Does not require an internet connection or for students to have access to computers or table
Find out more here: https://www.engineeringinabox.org/