If you are looking for a career that will get you moving with lots of opportunities to spend time outside, a job in outdoor recreation and leadership could be perfect for you.
Jobs in outdoor recreation and leadership are well-suited to people who are fit and healthy, enjoy spending time outdoors, are friendly and outgoing, and don’t mind spending all day on their feet. The industry is predicted to have strong growth in the future, with around 1,000 new jobs available by 2024 (source: joboutlook.gov.au).
Some potential careers that these qualifications might lead to include:
- camp program manager
- environmental educator
- outdoor educator
- outdoor adventure guide, instructor or facilitator
- park ranger
- eco and adventure tourism
We’ve gathered some traineeship and study opportunities that you can apply for to help kick-start your outdoor career, and earn a qualification at the same time.
- Outdoor Recreation/Leadership Traineeship with Southbound Adventures
- CRU Summit Outdoor Trainee Program
- Careers with Outward Bound
- Study a Bachelor of Outdoor Leadership with the Outdoor Education Group and VU
- Traineeships with Outdoor Training College
- Christian Outdoor Education Traineeship with Youthworks