uni fees

If you’re looking to study at university in 2021, you may have noticed that some uni fees have increased.

Trying to imagine how much a course will cost can be a bit daunting. But you don’t have to worry – there are plenty of ways you can get help to ease the burden of uni fees.

You could defer the cost of your course fees completely through a FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP loan. And most undergraduate degrees in Australia will offer Commonwealth Supported Places, which helps to reduce the amount a bit.

The university might also charge you a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) to cover the cost of things like food, recreation, and other campus services. But you can completely defer the cost of this too with a SA-HELP loan.

Want to study some of your course overseas? There is also an OS-HELP loan to help cover the costs of that too.

Are you studying a Diploma or Advanced Diploma? You can also get a VET Student Loan to defer the costs of your course.

There are other fees to consider when studying as well, such as accommodation, textbooks, travel, and other things. But there are heaps of Scholarships out there that can help you with these costs too.

Centrelink also offers a variety of payments for students, from relocation assistance to ABSTUDY.

Want to know more about your finance options? Check out our blog here.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Scroll to Top