Are you going to uni in 2021? You’ll need a USI

If you’re going to university in 2021, it is now compulsory for you to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).

You must have a USI to be eligible for Commonwealth assistance when studying, such as access to Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs) and a HELP loan.

If you have done any VET or TAFE study in the past, you may already have a USI. If not, it’s completely free to create one, and it stays with you for life.

Find out more about the change and how you can apply for a USI here:


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Scroll to Top