Looking for a way you can learn the skills to get you job-ready while also earning some money? Doing an apprenticeship or traineeship is the perfect way.
An apprenticeship or traineeship combines VET study with on-the-job experience, meaning you don’t just end up with a qualification, but real experience as well. Best of all, you get paid a wage while you learn.
Apprenticeships or traineeships can be done either full-time, part-time, or even while you’re still at school. There’s plenty of flexibility to fit around your current commitments.
We’ve found some apprenticeships, traineeships and other employment support programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Take a look and see if there are any that might interest you.
- Services Australia Indigenous Apprenticeships Program
- MEGT Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network
- CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traineeships
- Maxima Indigenous Traineeships Registration
- Indigenous Workstars
- Indigenous Employment Australia
- AES Traineeship Programs
- AFL SportsReady Indigenous Employment Program
- Commonwealth Bank Indigenous Careers Program
New South Wales:
- Queensland Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy Traineeships
- UnitingCare Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traineeship Program
- Menzies Biyamarr ma Traineeship Program
- Whittens Aboriginal Traineeship and Apprenticeship Programme
- WA Government Aboriginal Traineeship Program
Want to learn more about apprenticeships and traineeships? Take a look at the Apprenticeships & Traineeships page on Study Work Grow.