Are you a current Year 11 student with a passion for STEM, interested in building your skills and the opportunity to gain credit points towards a university course or your QCE?
You could apply for START QUT’s STEM Intensive program, it’s a two week intensive program that could give you a chance to try out university while you’re still at school.
Taking place over the summer holidays from 10-21 January 2022, no tuition fees apply.
AND, if you your application is successful and you go on to complete the program, you could gain credit into a relevant QUT course if you apply in 2022.
- Current Year 11 student entering Year 12 in 2022
- Minimum age of 16 when START QUT classes commence in January 2022
- Queensland-based ATAR or International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD) student
- Grade minimum of a B (70%) in English, literature, English and literature, or English as an additional language (or equivalent IBD subjects)
- Grade minimum of a B (70%) average across a minimum of five general ATAR or IBD subjects.
- Capable of undertaking university level study
- Have the support of your parents or guardian
- Permission from your school to participate
- Able and committed to attending for the full duration of the intensive block mode at the QUT Gardens Point campus and undertake any pre-readings or pre-recorded lectures as applicable to your unit.
- 80 hours of study, including lectures, discussion, exercises, and assessment
- Attend course between 10-21 January 2022, 9am-5pm each weekday
- Choose a unit from: Design of Computer Systems (females only), Grand Challenges in Science (Space Exploration) (females only), Grand Challenges in Science (Natural Disasters), Design-led thinking for the Built Environment, or Engineering Design and Professional Practise. You can choose when you start the program and you’ll need to check that you meet the eligibility for your preferred unit.
It’s FREE but there are costs involved
QUT will cover the cost of your tuition fees and study materials.
You’ll be responsible for any other incidental costs, including:
During the program, you’ll receive:
- all materials and resources required for the two-week program
- expert teaching by leading academics in the field
- access to current QUT Student Ambassadors
- a certificate of completion.
Applications are open and close 11.59pm on 14 August 2021.
You’ll need to:
- Use your school email address to create your QUT account.
- Use your Learning Unique Identifier (LUI)
- Get school results on school letterhead for the previous semester
- Download the school approval form, get it completed and return it
- Complete the online application form using code SQ02 (2) – START QUT
Limited places apply and applications will be considered in the order they’re received, so if you’re keen you’ll need to apply as soon as possible.
If your application is successful, you’ll receive an email offering you a place in the program. The email will let you know how to:
- accept your offer
- enrol in your units.
All emails will be sent to the email address you provide in your application. Make sure you provide a personal email address and not your school email, so you can be contacted during the school holidays.
Find out more and start your application on the START QUT page at https://www.qut.edu.au/study/options/start-qut-stem-intensive