The Australian Border Force (ABF) undertakes varied and challenging work. They are looking to attract people for our Border Force Officer Recruit Training (BFORT) program with a wide range of skills, capabilities and experience. You are encouraged to apply if you want to:
- play a critical role in protecting Australia’s border
- are willing to commit to our values and behaviours, and
- maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
To apply for a Border Force Officer Recruit position you must:
- be an Australian citizen – you must show evidence of this during the recruitment process
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a minimum Year 10 Certificate with a Cert IV/Diploma level qualification or Trade Certificate and/or relevant work experience
- be able to obtain an Australian Government security clearance and an Employee Suitability Clearance.
BFORT positions are typically advertised twice a year, generally in May and November. However this can change due to operational priorities.
You can read all about the role and the entry requirements, as well as keeping an eye out for applications, here: https://www.abf.gov.au/about-us/careers/a-career-with-us/entry-level