Do you love STEM? Looking for resume fodder? Or do you just want to try your hand at something new?
Whatever your motivation the annual ANU STEM Challenge is a great opportunity for high school students to participate in fun and hands-on weekly challenges on a range of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) topics.
Registration is essential and will stay open throughout the activity period.
How it works
- You’ll need to register to participate.
- Every Monday, challenges will be released by email to all registrants and will also be published on the website. You’ll have one week to complete each challenge, with answers/photos due on Sunday of the same week.
- Each of the challenges draws on a different element of STEM and may require you to take photos, answer questions or build/design something to complete the challenge.
- Each week, there will be multiple challenges with different STEM topics released, students can choose to do one or all of them.
- Only one submission per challenge will be accepted and counted for each participant.
- Each week, the submissions will be judged by a panel of ANU staff and voted on.
- Winners will be announced on the Monday following the submission deadline and will be notified by email and will also appear on our social media pages.
- Winners will receive a Winner’s Certificate and a prize pack.
- All registrants who submit at least one challenge over the 4 weeks of challenges will also receive a printable online Certificate of Participation from the Australian National University. The certificate of participation is not part of the AQF.
Week one challenges are already up and posted so you’ll need to get your skates on if you’d like yo register to participate in the remainder of the challenges and be in with a chance to win a prize.
Find out how to register and get started on the website: https://science.anu.edu.au/engagement/community-outreach/2022-stem-challenges.