The Future of Travel Youth Design Challenge is a free online design thinking challenge that empowers youth to consider how they can impact travel, tourism and cultural experiences. It empowers youth to identify problems, reframe them as opportunities, develop a solution and create a prototype. Youth will also be able to enter the challenge and be in the draw to win prizes to help them develop their ideas further.
Our challenge for you is: “How might we create innovative solutions to design the Future of Travel?”
In this challenge we’re excited to be teaming up with Flight Centre Travel Group as our key sponsor to encourage you to explore the five key challenge themes:
- Sustainability: How might we make travel more sustainable in order to protect our world?
- Inclusion and Accessibility: How might we increase inclusivity, access and affordability of travel?
- Culture and Identity: How might we enable travel to express and advocate for culture?
- Regional and Rural Development: How might we increase tourism to regional and rural Australia to engage and support local communities?
- Technology: How might we help travellers make better choices or improve their experience? Bringing tech and tourism together to improve people’s journeys
Winners will receive the following per idea:
- A virtual mentoring package from Young Change Agents (2 x 1 hr sessions)
- An invitation to an exclusive fireside chat with our special guest judges where you’ll get advice, guidance, and support to further develop your idea
- The opportunity to be featured on our website and in our top ideas media campaign
- A prize pack from our challenge sponsors and partners
14 runners-up will also receive a special reward for taking part and be featured on our site as a runner-up!
Anyone aged 10-21 years old can enter and participate in this challenge.
All challenge entries must be submitted by the challenge close date on Friday 4 November 2022.