Looking for casual or short term jobs over the upcoming summer break? There are loads of opportunities out there.
We’ve put together a list of places where you can have a look at what’s on offer – you might find the ideal job or you might just be inspired to find something similar near you.
Start your summer job search here:
- Student Super have a blog with 25 companies that are often looking for Christmas casuals
- The Summer Jobs database also talks about plenty of job openings around the country – check it out and see if there’s anything near you
- Student Edge is yet another database that links to lots of major employers
- Seek always have plenty of jobs on offer
- Indeed are another recruitment site that list dozens of jobs you can browse
- The Student Job Board might have something for you too – you’ll need to check eligibility as this site might be more targeted towards uni students
- Adventure Pro feature casual jobs in the outdoors if that sounds like your perfect summer job
- This blog lists a few ideas of jobs to consider and contains a couple of links to relevant organisations as well
- Search for local job sites in your area, such your local council’s website
- There are plenty of farmers crying out for workers all across Australia, so have a look at sites like Harvest Jobs
Some of the jobs listed on the sites we’ve found above may not be suitable if you’re under 18 or don’t hold relevant licenses or qualifications, so remember to read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
When you’re looking for jobs online, things aren’t always as they seem. We always recommend doing a bit of background research on the company, call and speak to someone if you’re not sure about something, or get your parent or carer to suss out the position and the organisation to make sure you’re all happy. Do this prior to submitting any online forms or providing any information about yourself.