Macquarie University | Gifted and Talented Entry Program
The Gifted and Talented Program is offered to Year 11 students who enjoy analysing and deconstructing arguments, are independent thinkers and learners and are of high natural ability with good problem-solving skills.
Students who participate in the program will do the Critical Thinking skills-based unit (PHIL 1037) offered by Macquarie University. This unit aims to teach the fundamentals of critical thinking and reasoning. Students learn how to construct, analyse and critically evaluate arguments; how to detect common fallacies in reasoning; and how to think logically and creatively. We teach these skills by developing practical techniques for the evaluation of reasoning, and applying them to arguments from business, law, science, politics, philosophy, and the media.
If you successfully complete your unit/s with the necessary grades, we’ll open the door to an early offer for a Macquarie University degree.
Who you are:
- You’re in Year 10 and you’re currently demonstrating outstanding academic achievement, or;
- You have already completed an accelerated HSC subject and achieved a Band 6 or E4.
You’re eligible for an early offer if you meet the following criteria:
- you’ve completed both PHIL1037 Critical Thinking and another university approved unit with distinction, or;
- you’ve completed an accelerated HSC subject with a Band 6 or E4 and one university-approved unit with distinction, and;
- you’ve completed year 12.
If you meet the above criteria you will be eligible to enrol in:
- Bachelor of Ancient History
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
- Bachelor of Marketing and Media
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Human Sciences and Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Submit an online application direct to Macquarie.
Course | Early Entry
Online study available
Subscribe to our Career Newsletter
No spam, just news and opportunities about careers and further education
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love