What do they do?
Create, coordinate and deliver seamless events like weddings, expos, trade shows, conferences or concerts from start to finish.
- Prepare and work to a budget.
- Scout for, book and organise locations, sponsors, staff, talent and attendees.
- Co-ordinate everything from marketing and press coverage, entertainment, décor, security, lighting, parking and other amenities, catering and more.
- Great interpersonal skills (especially communication)
- Organised and efficient
- Calm under pressure,
- Work well in a team,
- Tech, negotiation & problem-solving skills.
Certificate III or Diploma in Events Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Hospitality Management (or related field).
Whichever way you choose to go, industry work experience is usually a must.
Average salary $60,530 per annum (source: SEEK)
Job growth in this area is good and expected to remain strong (source: Jobskills.gov)