The National Indigenous Business Summer School (NIBSS) is an exciting initiative of the Australian Business Deans Council. The program is an immersive experience for Year 11 and 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander high school students who have a strong interest in entering the business world, becoming an entrepreneur or want to know more about coming to uni.
This is a week-long residential program hosted by QUT in collaboration with our partners.
The program is designed to:
- provide you with practical workshops and activities to give you a better understanding of business degrees
- develop your understanding and appreciation of life as a business student
- introduce you to the Queensland Indigenous Business community
- develop your appreciation of the career pathways available to you upon graduation.
You will have the opportunity to:
- visit QUT and partner universities in south-east Queensland
- meet other like-minded high school students interested in business degrees
- participate in workshops that build your skills and knowledge about different areas of a business
- compete in a case competition, which you will work towards during workshops over the week
- meet and be mentored by current and past Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business students
- engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners, including industry visits, presentations and networking opportunities
- participate in cultural and social activities.
You can apply if you meet the following:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- will be starting Year 11 or Year 12 in 2022
- have endorsement from your school.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 16 May 2022. Places are limited to 20 students and will be based on your application and personal interest in studying a business degree.
We strongly encourage students located anywhere in Queensland to apply.