- This event has passed.
UON | Music And Robotics: School Holiday Workshop
Thursday 10 October 2019 | 9:00 am - Friday 11 October 2019 | 3:00 pm
If you’re interested in coding or music and are in Year 5-9, this two day workshop is for you!
Coders: develop your skills through performance based musical robots. Musicians: learn new performance techniques with robotics.
Student activities include:
- Learning new coding techniques, using LEGO EV3 Mindstorm robots, to create new performance based concepts with acoustic musicians
- Teach robots to dance, play music and interact with real life instruments
- Create original music using University of Newcastle’s world-class recording studios.
- Instrumentalists will develop new stage craft skills and combine their musical practices with performing robots.
- Students will work towards a showcase performance that will be held on Friday 11 October at 5:30pm. The showcase concert will be a perfect opportunity for parents to come and observe their child’s work.
Skill requirements (not essential): either play an instrument or be interested in coding.