What’s the #1 reason you’re considering a Gap Year?
- I’m not sure what I want to do with my life
I need a break
- I’m looking for ‘real-world’ experiences
- I want to travel (and I want it now)
How do you feel about leaving school?
- Haven’t really thought about it yet
- Can’t wait
- I think I’ll be ready by the time I finish Year 12
Are your friends are taking a Gap Year?
- Yes, all of them
Some are, some aren’t
- I’m the only one
How much parental pressure are you facing?
- They’re cool
- They want me to go to uni now
They’re afraid if I have a Gap Year I won’t go to uni
- They’d like me to take some time off
Does a Gap Year fit with your long term plans?
- Of course, I’m going to use my experience to springboard my career
I think it’ll help because I’ll gain experience
- Not really, it’s more of an escape from the pressure
- No, but I’m not sure what else to do
Can you afford it?
- Yes – my family are covering the cost
I’m planning on working to get through
- I’m not sure
How much travel experience do you have?
- None, I’ve never left the state
Limited to Australia (and Bali)
- I’ve been travelling internationally since I was three
Are you willing to work for it?
- Planning needs to fit in around school and my job
- I’m happy to go if someone else organises it for me