ASD Cyber Security and Robotics Work Experience
Australian Signals Directorate
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the national authority for information security and through its Work Experience Program offers students from Years 11-12 an opportunity to extend their knowledge and skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), with a focus on information/cyber security.
High achieving Year 10 Students with a strong interest in this field are also encouraged to apply and may be considered for a placement.
The ASD Work Experience Program offers a number of challenges designed to increase STEM knowledge and understanding, such as:
- python programming
- identifying security intrusions on a computer system
- identifying email compromises
- monitoring network traffic to detect exploits
- conducting forensic examinations of hard drives
- exploiting web application vulnerabilities
- learning modern encryption methods and how they are used to protect data
- performing geospatial analysis and utilising geospatial tools for imagery analysis
- engineering hardware and software solutions for security problems
- robotics programming using Arduino
- constructing electrical circuits
Interstate students are encouraged to apply – financial assistance may be available.
The placement will run from 28 September – 02 October 2020.
Find out more