The goIT Girls program is a week-long work experience program aimed at female students in Years 10 and 11. At TCS, we are empowering Australian students with the skills they need to be ready for the workplace of the future.
Participants will meet senior executives from our company and from our client organisations. These executives will provide insight into the various STEM roles that exist across the business spectrum, with the hope of inspiring a new generation of innovators, problem solvers and technology professionals. The aim is to provide insight into the existence of gender occupational stereotypes in the technology industry in order to challenge and eventually overcome them.
goIT Girls has four areas of focus:
- Provide insight into the technology industry, and the application of technology in business.
- Challenge gender stereotypes by showcasing women in STEM as role models
- Build technical skills by and applying technology to solve business problems
- Enhance confidence and employability skills
This is a free program for students in years 10-11 enrolled in Australian schools. The program is aimed at young women who are curious about a career in technology. Students do not need any prior experience with technology to participate.
Program dates for 2022 (held online from 9:30am – 1:30pm AEST):
- 22nd August 2022 – 25th August 2022
- 12th September 2022 – 15th September 2022
- 17th October 2022 – 20th October 2022
- 7th November 2022 – 10th November 2022
- 28th November 2022 – 1st December 2022