Intelligence & Cyber Security Work Experience
ASD offers work experience placements for Year 10–12 students at the Australian Cyber Security Centre. The program is focused on students who are considering further studies in a STEM-related field.
The week-long scenario-based program offers you an opportunity to extend your knowledge and skills through challenges ranging from:
- identifying security intrusions on a computer system
- learning how to identify email compromises
- learning to monitor network traffic to detect exploits
- learning how to conduct forensic examinations of hard drives
- learning about web application vulnerabilities
- learning modern encryption methods
- learning about different types of encryption and how they are used to protect data
- using open-source software to recover keys and encrypt and decrypt data
- learning about geospatial analysis and how to use geospatial tools for imagery analysis
- engineering hardware and software solutions for security problems
- robotics programming using Arduinos
- construction of Arduino electrical circuits.
You are mentored by experienced ICT professionals working in the industry who have a high level of expertise in their field.
Students with an aptitude for discovering how technology works rather than the use of technology will be considered favourably.
All placements are in Canberra. Students from interstate are welcome to participate but are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Find out more