The Department of Environment and Science (DES) is committed to providing work experience opportunities for both secondary and tertiary students.
When you undertake an unpaid work experience placement with our Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service & Partnerships (QPWS&P) division, you will be able to explore potential career options and gain valuable hands-on experience.
The type of placement activities you could undertake will vary depending on locations and operational arrangements at each location. Your (up to) 30 day placement may include tasks such as:
- conducting revegetation and weed control activities
- contributing to conservation and regeneration projects
- helping care for and rehabilitate injured animals
- participating in environmentally sustainable work practices
- inspecting and cleaning machinery, tools and equipment
- providing visitor information and supporting visitor management activities
- participating in work health and safety processes.
To be eligible for a QPWS&P work experience, you must:
- be a at least 14 years old
- be enrolled with an Australian secondary or tertiary education provider
- gain approval from your education provider
- gain written confirmation of Public Liability and worker’s compensation insurance from your education provider.