At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We offer unpaid development opportunities for students studying in a chosen field relevant to the work of Council.
This program is for students who are seeking:
- ‘Real-life’ experience into the working environment;
- Experience in an aspiring career field or have an interest in a career field.
This type of program is targeted towards high school students, mostly in Years 10, 11, 12. Students can apply for a one-week placement.
Students can request work experience in the following areas (limited placements available):
- Business Administration
- Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education)
- Communications, Events or Marketing
- Finance (unavailable between June and September)
- Horticulture, Nursery and/or Bushland Management
- Human Resources
- Information and Communications Technology
- Information Management (Records)
Applications are currently open until 31 March 2022 for students seeking a placement between December 2021 to 30 June 2022.