Work Experience with St Vincent de Paul Society ACT
The Society offers various placements within its services for secondary and tertiary students. Students must be over 14 years of age and a minimum commitment of 12 hours is required.
Types of roles include:
- Retail Assistant and Donation Sorter – sorting donations, customer service, visual merchandising and assisting with general retail duties.
- Administration – filing, scanning, naming documents, collating materials, some database work and other general office duties.
- Kitchen – helping with the preparation of breakfast and lunches at Blue Door in Ainslie Village. You must be over 18 years old and hold a WWVP Card.
- Clemente Learning Partner – students may be asked to support students when they attend classes, update client files, investigate support options, create procedure documents and report on the program. You must be over 18 years old and hold a WWVP Card.
- Compeer – a program that matches volunteers with individuals who may need some social support. The placement role would be undertaking administrative duties supporting the Compeer Officer to achieve the outcomes required for the program.