18 August 2019
31 October 2019
TAFE or VET | University
Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia
Art & Design | Aviation & Transport | Business & Law | Construction & Trades | Education | Hospitality, Tourism & Travel | Humanities | IT & Communication | Medicine & Health | Rural & Agriculture | STEM
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
$3,000 - $5,000
The Australian Veterans’ Children Assistance Trust is a national independent charity helping the children and grandchildren of ex-service men and women to a better future through tertiary education. Through the generous support of the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations, corporate sponsors and private donors, we provide scholarships which assist recipients to obtain the tertiary qualification they need for their chosen career.
Scholarships are valued between $3000 and $5000 per year and are paid to students in monthly instalments from March to December.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild of a person with operational service (as defined by the legislation) or three or more years continuous full-time other service, as a member of the Australian Navy, Army or Air Force
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2019
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment
- be under the age of 25 (except for exceptional circumstances)