AVCAT is a national charity providing tertiary education scholarships and bursaries to children and grandchildren of ex-serving veterans. We assist scholars each year to reach their potential through achieving a range of academic and personal goals.
Provided by: Australian Veterans' Children Assistance Trust
All bursaries and sponsored scholarships are for tertiary education and are mostly $4000 per year, for three years.
Eligibility for a scholarship include the following:
- Australian residency status
- Planning to enrol or enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Australia of one or more academic year’s duration in a university, TAFE or registered training organisation
- Be studying or planning to study full time online or face to face. Priority is given to those who have not previously undertaken tertiary education
- Applicants who are seeking a scholarship for a second degree, Masters or Doctorate degrees may be considered for a scholarship but will be treated as a lower priority. If an applicant has received a Long Tan Bursary, they cannot be considered for another Long Tan Bursary.
- In receipt of or eligible to receive Centrelink payments including Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Austudy or an accepted means tested Commonwealth government payment.
- Be a child or a grandchild of an ex-serving veteran as defined by AVCATs Constitution (adopted children, foster children, stepchildren and grandchildren). Stepchildren and foster children must have resided with or been financially supported by their veteran stepparent for 5 of the last 10 years.
- The veteran must be an Australian ex-serving veteran with operational service including eligible war service, war-like service and peacekeeping/peacemaking service OR 3 or more continuous years of full-time other service, as a member of the Australia Navy, Army or Air Force. People who are serving in the Reserve Forces are considered to be serving so the applicant is not eligible.
18 August 2021
31 October 2021
$4,000 AUD per yearVALUE
TAFE or VET | University
Arts and Recreation | Aviation and Transport | Business | Construction | Design and Manufacturing | Education | Environment | Government and Defence | Health | Hospitality and Retail | Information Technology | Law | Marketing and Communication | STEM
Subscribe to our Career Newsletter
No spam, just news and opportunities about careers and further education
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love