11 March 2019
1 December 2019
TAFE or VET | University
Art & Design | Business & Law | Education | Hospitality, Tourism & Travel | Humanities | IT & Communication | Medicine & Health | Rural & Agriculture | STEM
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
Considered on a case-by-case basis
The CQUniCares Emergency Grant provides financial assistance to low-income students who experience unexpected financial hardship as a result of an emergency or unforeseen situation. The purpose of the grant is to support these students in continuing their studies.
Value for the scholarship is considered on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Emergency Grant, an applicant must:
- be in genuine need of urgent financial assistance as a result of unforeseen circumstances or an emergency situation that has the potential to significantly impact study progress
- be enrolled and actively studying in either a CQUniversity Certificate (I-IV); Enabling/Pathway; Undergraduate or Postgraduate program
- have successfully completed at least one term of study at CQUniversity
- not be a cross-institutional student (your home institution is not CQU)
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a humanitarian visa with a permanent home address in Australia
- have not previously received a CQUniCares Emergency Grant in the last twelve months
- be able to demonstrate low personal/family income
*Applicants will need to substantiate requests for financial assistance with copies of bills, invoices or where applicable letter of support from relevant individuals.
Study related expenses that every student should anticipate are not normally grounds for an emergency grant. These include expenses such as fees, travel for residential schools and the purchase of computers or laptops.