19 July 2019
15 November 2019
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
The BHP Pilbara Scholarship has been developed to encourage and support students residing in the Pilbara region who have maintained academic excellence whilst demonstrating strong community support, and who wish to undertake primary education or early childhood education.
The BHP Pilbara Scholarship will provide a one-off cash payment of $2,500 (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits). The amount can be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the BHP Pilbara Scholarship:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- Enrolling full-time into an eligible degree at Curtin University in 2020
- Resident of the Pilbara region, Western Australia and intend to continue residing in the Pilbara whilst studying (with the exception of on-campus study periods)
- Ability to demonstrate engagement in community service
- Willing to participate in promotional activities organised by Curtin University, providing these do not interfere with students study, work or personal commitments
This scholarship is not deferrable.