28 June 2019
8 August 2019
Art & Design | Aviation & Transport | Business & Law | Education | Hospitality, Tourism & Travel | Humanities | IT & Communication | Medicine & Health | Rural & Agriculture | STEM
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
$1364 per semester
The Commonwealth government and Flinders University have established the Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (ICECS) to assist indigenous students with costs associated with their study at Flinders University.
The number of ICAS available each year will be determined by annual funding from the Commonwealth government.
The 2019 value is $1364.00 per semester. Scholarships awarded mid year will only be valid for one semester.
All scholarship applicants must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
- be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- normally be enrolled full-time at Flinders University in an undergraduate or postgraduate course of study or the Foundation Studies program; and
- not be in receipt of a Student Start-up Scholarship or Student Start-up Loan (available to ABSTUDY, Austudy and Youth Allowance recipients); and
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage or have a permanent home address in Inner or Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote Australia as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC).