The Gallipoli Scholarship Fund offers up to seven scholarships annually to assist Australian students in their first year of tertiary study either at university or TAFE (the latter at Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level).
The current value of each scholarship is $6,000pa which is reviewed regularly by the Management Committee.
An applicant for the Scholarship must:
- Have qualified and been accepted to undertake tertiary study at University or TAFE (the latter at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level).
- Be able to show necessitous circumstances through ill health of family members, death, separation from parents or guardians, unexpected financial loss or asset reduction that could impact on the applicant’s ability to attend university or TAFE.
- Be in receipt of or be eligible to receive Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY or a similar Government benefit. This must be supported by relevant documentation in the form of the client registration number showing date of application and/or the decision in relation to the application
- Be an Australian citizen.
- From 2021 scholarship applicants must be a direct descendant of a Service man or woman who has served in the Australian or New Zealand Defence Force in any conflict or peacekeeping role since the First World War.
- Be under 25 years of age on 1 March in the year of application.
- Commence their first year of university or TAFE studies (the latter at Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level) in the year of application and be studying full-time.
$6,000 AUD per year
1 November 2020
1 February 2021
TAFE or VET | University
Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia
Arts and Recreation | Aviation and Transport | Business | Construction | Education | Environment | Health | Hospitality and Retail | Information Technology | Law | STEM