1 January 2020
1 March 2020
TAFE or VET | University
Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia
Art & Design | Aviation & Transport | Business & Law | Construction & Trades | Education | Hospitality, Tourism & Travel | Humanities | IT & Communication | Medicine & Health | Rural & Agriculture | STEM
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
You are invited to apply for a Gallipoli Scholarship to assist your first year of tertiary study either at university or TAFE (the latter at Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level).
Each Scholarship is now $6,000 tax free, paid in two tranches: the first in April at the presentation ceremony, and the second on successful completion of the first semester providing the recipient is continuing their studies at university or TAFE.
An applicant for the Scholarship must:
- Have qualified and been accepted to undertake tertiary study at University or TAFE (the latter at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level).
- Be able to show necessitous circumstances through ill health of family members, death, separation from parents or guardians, unexpected financial loss or asset reduction that would otherwise prevent the applicant’s full-time attendance at university or TAFE.
- Be in receipt of or be eligible to receive Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY or a similar Government benefit.This must be supported by relevant documentation in the form of the client registration number showing date of application and/or the decision in relation to the application
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Be a direct descendant of an Australian serviceman or servicewoman who served in either World War I or World War II.
- Be under 25 years of age on 1 March in the year of application.
- Commence their first year of university or TAFE studies (the latter at Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level) in the year of application and be studying full-time.