This scholarship is awarded to talented students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement during their Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB).
Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship
The full benefits of the Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship are:
- HECS Student Contribution exemption for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in
- an undergraduate degree,
- a concurrent diploma, and
- up to 25 credit points of single subject enrolments
- Living allowance for up to three years with a value of:
- $5,000 per year for students who studied in Victoria
- $10,000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria
- The duration of the allowance will be extended by one year if you enrol in a bachelor (extended) course and/or a concurrent diploma at the same time as your bachelors degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2,500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional master degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the master degree
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia, or
- be an Australian citizen and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia.
- not have completed subjects undertaken as part of a tertiary course
- have applied for a University of Melbourne undergraduate course via VTAC for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate
- meet the entry requirements for the University of Melbourne course nominated in your VTAC application and:
- have achieved an ATAR of at least 99.90, or
- intend to undertake the Bachelor of Music and have achieved an ATAR of at least 99.85 and achieved an audition score of A+ , or
- be of Indigenous Australian descent and have achieved an ATAR of at least 90.00
Get more opportunities
Join our free newsletter crew – we don’t send spam, just news and opportunities to help you build your career.
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love