For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who need to relocate to study at RMIT in Melbourne; provides a rental subsidy for accommodation at UniLodge Royal Melbourne.
RMIT Cedar Pacific Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship
Offered by: RMIT
In semester 1 2023 the scholarship will be paid as a rental subsidy for a standard studio at UniLodge Royal Melbourne for up to two years.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- register with RMIT’s Ngarara Willim Centre and provide documentation confirming that you are an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander by the scholarship application due date
- be from an interstate or rural/regional area and moving/moved to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- be able to demonstrate circumstance/s which impact your ability to study such as:
- receiving a government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long-term medical condition or disability
- experiencing personal/family/social difficulties
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- be from an under-represented background such as completed secondary school at a School Network Access Program school
- be enrolling full-time in semester 1 2023 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT
- not already be residing in student accommodation
- have not commenced or completed the same or higher level of award
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- not be in an apprenticeship or traineeship program
Preference will be given to students commencing a program at RMIT for the first time.
Get more opportunities
Join our free newsletter crew – we don’t send spam, just news and opportunities to help you build your career.
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love