Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships
The NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships mean that students can get training to get the skills they need to get the job they want and their course fees will be covered.
The Fee-Free Scholarship covers your student fee. It is paid directly to your Smart and Skilled training provider by the NSW government.
You may still be charged fees for ‘incidental expenses’, such as for essential tools or field trips. Your training provider must let you know of any fees for incidental expenses at enrolment.
To be eligible for a Fee-Free Scholarship, you must:
- be wanting to study a Smart and Skilled subsidised Certificate I, Certificate II, Certificate III or Certificate IV level qualification on the NSW Skills List, including those qualifications that support apprenticeships and traineeships (use the Course Finder); and
- meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria.
- be aged between 15 and 30 years when you start training; and
- be either the recipient of a specific Australian Government welfare benefit or allowance or the dependant of such a recipient; or
- be aged 15-17 years and currently in out-of-home care or aged 18-30 years and previously have been in out-of-home care
- be aged 15 years or over and have a letter of recommendation from a domestic and family violence service, refuge or other support agency