29 August 2019
TAFE or VET
Academic | Financial Disadvantage
Art & Design | Aviation & Transport | Business & Law | Construction & Trades | Education | Hospitality, Tourism & Travel | IT & Communication | Medicine & Health | Rural & Agriculture | STEM
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
Up to $5,000
Achieve your career goals with the help of a TAFE Queensland Scholarship.
There are two types of scholarships available:
Merit scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate outstanding academic merit or demonstrate strong work performance along with the demonstrable desire to secure ongoing employment within the industry to which they applied for the scholarship.
Access and equity scholarships provide equitable access to study at TAFE Queensland. They are awarded to students who can demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to their chosen career, and on the basis of specific equity criteria.
For access and equity scholarships:The total scholarship payment will be $5,000 split into three payments as follows:
- Payment 1: $2,000 will be paid at the commencement of the qualification on proof of enrolment and attendance
- Payment 2: $2,000 will be paid part-way through the qualification – on completion of a full semester of study
- Payment 3: $1,000 will be paid as follows:
- For scholarship recipients studying a Bachelor degree with TAFE Queensland – on completion of the first half of the degree; or
- for all other scholarship recipients – on evidence of successful completion of the qualification.
- $1,500 for Certificate III qualifications
- $3,000 for Certificate IV qualifications
- $5,000 for Diploma qualifications and above
- Merit scholarships cannot be converted into money or money’s worth.
To be eligible to receive a scholarship you must be a current domestic student enrolled for the next period of study or a future domestic student intending to enrol in an approved TAFE Queensland qualification for the next period of study.
TAFE Queensland Access and Equity and Merit Scholarship applicants must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (passport, birth certificate, visa or citizenship certificate must be provided).