TAFE Queensland Scholarships
Achieve your career goals with the help of a TAFE Queensland Scholarship.
Merit scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved outstanding academic merit or demonstrate strong work performance along with the demonstrable desire to secure ongoing employment in the industry in which they have applied for the scholarship.
Access and equity scholarships provide equitable access to study at TAFE Queensland. They are awarded to students who can demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to their chosen career and identify themselves with one or more of the following categories:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- significant caring responsibilities
- a disability or long-term medical condition or illness
- long-term unemployed (longer than 6 months)
- sole parent
- suffering significant financial difficulties or social barriers to study
- another specified disadvantage.
Provided by: TAFE Queensland
For TAFE Queensland Access and Equity Scholarships:
Scholarship money will be paid via electronic funds transfer directly into your bank account. The bank account must be in your name.
The total scholarship payment will be $5000 split into two payments as follows:
- Payment 1: $3000 will be paid at the commencement of the qualification, on proof of enrolment and attendance.
- Payment 2: $2000 will be paid as follows:
- for scholarship recipients studying a Bachelor degree with TAFE Queensland – on completion of the first half of the degree; or
- for scholarship recipients who are apprentices– on completion of two years of the apprenticeship, with a ‘J -Competency Achieved’ result for at least half of the units needed for the apprenticeship/completion certificate; or
- for all other scholarship recipients – on evidence of successful completion of the qualification, provided that the qualification has been completed within two years of the commencement of the scholarship.
For TAFE Queensland Merit Scholarships:
Merit scholarships will be split into two components, as follows:
Fee waiver component:
- A fee waiver of up to $2,500 will be applied to your course fees at the time of enrolment.
- Fee waivers will be applied to student contribution, after concessions in relation to the specific qualification for which the scholarship was awarded, up to the maximum value.
Note: the fee waiver component cannot be converted into money or money’s worth, including refunds on cancellation of course or withdrawal from study.
The cash component will be paid via electronic funds transfer directly into your bank account. The bank account must be in your name.
The total cash component will be $2,500 split into two payments as follows:
- Payment 1: $1,500 will be paid at the commencement of the qualification, on proof of enrolment and attendance.
- Payment 2: $1,000 will be paid as follows:
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be:
- an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (certified evidence must be provided)
- intending to commence an eligible TAFE Queensland course in Semester 1, 2022.
5 July 2021
24 September 2021
Up to $5,000 AUDVALUE
TAFE or VET
Arts and Recreation | Aviation and Transport | Business | Construction | Design and Manufacturing | Education | Environment | Government and Defence | Health | Hospitality and Retail | Information Technology | Law | Marketing and Communication | STEM
Subscribe to our Career Newsletter
No spam, just news and opportunities about careers and further education
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love