5 August 2019
17 November 2019
Business & Law
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
The Leadership, Excellence and Diversity (LEAD) Scholarship supports students who have experienced educational, social and/or financial disadvantage. UQ wants to give bright students who have faced significant hurdles a chance to achieve their full potential.
Total value of $8,000 per year for up to five years to help with living and study expenses.Additional benefits include:
- a dedicated academic mentor
- a support network through non-residential membership of a UQ college
- priority access to internships and career planning assistance.
To be eligible for the LEAD scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or hold a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- currently be completing your senior schooling in Australia
- have demonstrated educational, social and/or financial disadvantage – there is no exhaustive list of what we will consider. We encourage you to apply if you:
- live or have lived in a rural or remote area
- come from a low-income family
- will be the first in your family to attend university
- have had recent health issues
- have experienced other setbacks that have disrupted your schooling.
We particularly encourage applications from those who have a refugee background or identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
- expect to gain admission to an Approved Program in the year of the award on the basis of predicted senior results and any applicable adjustment factors or on the basis of special entry pathways
- have not completed any prior tertiary study at bachelor level or higher (this does not include enrichment programs), and
- be available to participate in a formal interview on 30 November/1 December 2019 either in person or via video-conference.