ANU Tuckwell Scholarship Program
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program is the most transformational undergraduate scholarship program in Australia.
We award 25 Scholarships each year and offer talented and motivated students the opportunity to realise their potential by providing financial support, personal enrichment and development opportunities. Most importantly, Scholars can connect with and learn from one another within our home on campus, Scholars House.
The financial support offered to you as a Tuckwell Scholar is intended to help you through your university journey, giving you the freedom to focus on what is important.
As a Tuckwell Scholar you will receive:
- $22,350 per annum (2021 rate) (increasing with inflation) each year for the length of your undergraduate degree program (studying full-time), to cover on-campus residential costs, books and general living expenses
- guaranteed access to ANU-approved student accommodation
- an allowance to assist with your move to Canberra and to support two annual return journeys (e.g. airfares) between your home and the University for each year of your degree.
- an allowance to help cover the transport costs for your parents to attend Commencement Weekend at the start of the program, and
- an ANU Sports Centre membership
Scholars will be able to:
- Attend seminars and workshops to develop essential skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Design and deliver community-based projects.
- Learn from and be mentored by senior Scholars.
- Attend a 3-day camp.
- Attend Academic Dinners and connect with ANU academics.
- Contribute to the annual Interview Weekend and other program events.
- Undertake ANU Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership courses.
Scholars have the opportunity to:
- Participate in orientation events that will help with the transition to university and Scholar life.
- Receive 1:1 mentoring from an experienced Tuckwell Fellow.
- Receive support and advice from the Head of Scholars House and Program Staff.
- Learn from senior Scholars who can help you to transition successfully to life at ANU.
- Connect with members of our global alumni network and attend alumni events.
- Enjoy the comfortable and collegial atmosphere at Scholars House.
- Receive a free ANU Fitness Centre membership (worth $530 per annum) for the duration of the Scholarship OR funding up to $450 per annum for health and wellbeing activities external to the ANU Fitness Centre.
- Undertake free Mental Health First Aid education (worth approximately $350).
- Enjoy health and wellness activities held at Scholars House.
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship for study at ANU commencing in 2022, applicants must:
- be eligible to apply to study at ANU in 2022 via the ANU Direct Application system.
- commence and complete Year 12 full-time in 2021, at a school located in Australia.
- be 17, 18 or 19 years old on 1 March 2022 (born on or between 2 March 2002 and 1 March 2005).
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa, and be in possession of the relevant Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate or Visa by 25 May 2021.
- be predicted by their school to achieve an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 95 or higher. Applicants who are eligible for consideration under the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) may apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship if they are predicted by their school to achieve an ATAR of 90 or higher.
- have undertaken:
- at least one high school English course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12; and
- at least one high school Maths course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12.
$22,350 AUD per year
3 March 2021
18 April 2021
All-round Achievement | Co-op
Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia
Arts and Recreation | Aviation and Transport | Business | Education | Environment | Health | Hospitality and Retail | Information Technology | STEM