UON Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship
The scholarship provides a total of $5500, paid as two instalments of $2750 after the semester one and semester two census dates.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled or enrolling in any year of any Enabling, Undergraduate (Commonwealth Supported Place), or Postgraduate program with University of Newcastle.
- Demonstrate financial hardship by either by being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (such as Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance etc), or on the basis of a comprehensive assessment.
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, AND identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, AND be accepted as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which you live or have lived.
- Be relocating from a remote, rural, or regional area to study with UON.
- If accepting the scholarship offer, must not have received – or agrees to repay – a Student Start-up Loan, a Student Start-up Scholarship or a Relocation Scholarship or the Residential Costs option of ABSTUDY from Centrelink.
- Must not have previously received the full entitlement of a Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarship awarded prior to 2017 or hold this scholarship concurrently at another institution.
1 September 2020
11 February 2021
Arts and Recreation | Business | Education | Environment | Health | Information Technology | Law | STEM
Subscribe to our Career Newsletter
No spam, just news and opportunities about careers and further education
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love