University of Newcastle LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship
The Shaping Futures Scholarship Fund was established in 2011 with the aim of helping those students who are most in need. The LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship hopes to support a student who identifies as LGBTQIA+ and who is managing study alongside personal circumstances.
Provided by: University of Newcastle
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4000 to be paid as a lump sum following selection and after Semester 1 census date (during April).
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Identify as LGBTQIA+
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident (includes New Zealand Permanent Residents).
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
1 September 2021
28 February 2022
Arts and Recreation | Business | Design and Manufacturing | Education | Environment | Health | Information Technology | Law | Marketing and Communication | STEM
Subscribe to our Career Newsletter
No spam, just news and opportunities about careers and further education
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love