The Illawarra ANZAC Scholarship is offered to assist students from the Illawarra (Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama) with their academic goals whilst undertaking studies at UOW. Applicants must have a connection to the Australian Defence Force, with either themselves, a parent or grandparent having served in an operational or peacekeeping role. Operational service with the Army Reserve qualifies.
UOW the Illawarra Centenary of ANZAC Scholarship
Offered by: University of Wollongong
Two scholarships are on offer valued at $5,000 Per annum over three years.
- Successful applicants must remain enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree at any onshore campus at the University of Wollongong for the duration of this scholarship
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Successful applicants must maintain a credit average (Weighted Average Mark 65+).
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they reside within the Wollongong, Shellharbour or Kiama Local Government areas
- Successful applicants must have had a parent or grandparent serve within a operational or peacekeeping role within the Australian Defence Force, or they themselves have similarly served. Operational service with the Army Reserve qualifies.
- If you’re facing unique challenges that you think financial support could address to assist with your chosen degree, then we’d strongly encourage you to apply. However all eligible students will be considered and are welcome to apply.
Get more opportunities
Join our free newsletter crew – we don’t send spam, just news and opportunities to help you build your career.
Sign up for our Newsletter
We won’t send you spam, or fifty emails a week. We just send opportunities that could help you find a career you love