23 July 2019
3 September 2019
TAFE or VET | University
Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia
FIELD OR INDUSTRY
The Young Carer Bursary Program supports young carers to continue with their education. The program offers a limited number of bursaries of up to $3,000 each year. Young carers across Australia can apply from late July until early September.
You will receive instalments of $750 usually in February, March, July and October to your nominated bank account. The funding should be used towards supporting you in your education or training. This could include but not limited to:
- school fees,
- laptops and software,
- transport and accommodation,
- respite care,
- emotional support, and
- extracurricular activities.
To apply you must be a young carer:
- Young carers are people up to 25 years old who provide unpaid care and support to a family member or friend with a disability, a physical or mental illness, a substance dependency, or who is aged.
- aged 12 – 25 years old for the entire time you’re receiving the bursary
- studying at high school level or beyond, up to and including your first undergraduate degree*
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not receiving another scholarship
*Undergraduate degrees include: advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees.